1.6.06

Fallen


Back in January I came across "Fallen" by David Maine.

David Maine's fictional account of Adam, Eve, and fam. Come on, we all imagine what might have happened in between the lines. I do anyway, sometimes.
The writing drew me in and made me forget that we didn't really know all that. Sign of a good writer, or maybe I am just simple, hmm could be :).
A simple story of a family who have no idea how to be one. They have moved to a new "town" and are wondering how to survive. Adam and Eve are bitter and they blame each other for being moved from the Garden. They have a favorite son, and the other one knows it. Cain is not a happy son. He wants to be the favored.
The book starts out at the end of Cains'(i think that is where the apostrophe goes) life and the story unfolds backward. Dealing with things we struggle with in our everyday lives it is interesting to read how Adam and Eve, Cain and Able, might have faced them.
It is very different that's for sure. I recommend it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered where you had gotten off to and now I know....the world of 'blog' has swallowed you up!!! Oh, the drama,....oh, the tragedy,...oh, whatever!! Anyway, love your book reviews. Maybe I will get into blog world some day.

Unknown said...

I've considered writing a novel about Esther, but it would be too dirty and funny for Christian audiences, so I'd have to write under a nom de plume to avoid the backlash.

dodyb said...

Sounds like a good idea. I do, however, expect a signed copy :)

Anonymous said...

What a great site oven slow roasted rump roast Liscentious rhinoplasty Ge dishwasher repairs lamborghini door hinges for mitsubishi eclipse Vision supplements Rca select a vision cartridges Gilding school london tobacco oven