10.10.06

Ty counted to 10....and now I am it.

Ty tagged me a while back about what books I read. Sorry it has taken me soooo long to get to it, Ty. Here it is. Read it and weep. Or laugh. Or just shake your head in wonder.

1) A book that changed my life besides my ible:


This is a hard one because nothing has changed my life like the Bible. But...I guess I will go with Left to Tell, Discovering God amidst the Rwandan Holocaust, Immaculee Iliagiza. The faith that this woman has is a miracle.






2) A book I would like to take with me if I were stuck on a desert island: The Source, James Mitchner.



Ya I know. Lots of words lot of information. But....I love this book. It is all about God. At least it is to me. I read this at least once a year.




3) A book that made me laugh:


Anonymous Lawyer, Jeremy Blackman. A partner at a large law firm writes a blog.
Marley and Me, I laughed so hard reading this book. The antics of Marley are amazing. Even more amazing is they kept him. I must warn you, this book will also make you cry.




4) A book I wish had been written:
How to instill common sense in people. 'Nuff said.

5) A book I wish had never been written:
Books written by most radio talk show hosts. It isn't bad enough that they are on the air waves, they are polluting our shelves. I guess Clark Howard is ok though.

6) Books I have been meaning to read:
The Everlasting Man, JK Chesterton ; Tulia Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a small Texas town, Nate Blakeslee; A Morbid Taste for Bones, set in 1137 on the Welsh border, Ellis Peters.

7) Books I am currently reading:


My Bible, Blue Like Jazz, In the Grip of Grace, Corelli"s Mandolin,
A & P, Medical Terminology, Ethics and Law, CPT2006 textbooks.








8) Book I finished reading last week:
Hmm... Anonymous Lawyer.

9) Books that are on my reading list:



Bodies and Souls,
Isabel Vincent; Spook, Mary Roach; Stiff, Mary Roach; Maimondies, Sherwin Nuland; Losing my Mind, an intimate look at life with Alzheimers, Thomas De Baggio; The Man who mistook his wife for a hat, Oliver Sacks I could on and on...it is pretty much pick a book, any book.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat is the most intriguing title I've ever heard. I'd be afraid to read it for fear that the story couldn't possibly be as entertaining as the title is.

Lisa said...

I am sure that my love for all things books (ie. writing, reading, poetry, and language) are inherited from you, but i really wish i inherited the ability to just sit and read. That i can't do, and i feel like i am missing out on so much...
i don't think it would be right to quit college just to read, would it?

Nana Lesa said...

Oh my....and I thought I was a reader....you read much more serious books than I...except I am reading Guns, Germs and Steel right now and it is really dense with words and information, but really good....highly recommended.
PS> I feel the same way about THE MAN WHO MISTOOK HIS WIFE FOR A HAT....couldn't possibly be as good as the title!

dodyb said...

I am not sure how to respond to you guys. Lisa, just read what you can when you can. Remember I have probably missed out on alot BECAUSE I have the ability to do that.

As for the Man Who...I will read it anyway even thought I suspect that the title is more interesting than the book.

Lesa.. I have a habit of reading whatever I get my hands on :)

Nana Lesa said...

Just a followup footnote: recently, tag has been banned from most school playgrounds in New York city. Something about the danger of injury and hurting the self estemme (sp?) of the kid left as 'it' when recess is over.....All I know is that your being 'it' left the rest of us feeling very inadequate!

tabitha jane said...

mmmmmm blue like jazz.